Seasons change, holidays come and go, and even government mandates can affect your business hours. It is so easy to forget to update your listing information and hours, but it is vital to maintaining your reputation and credibility. 73 percent of consumers say they lose trust in a company if their online listing information is incorrect.
To make sure this doesn’t happen to you, we have compiled instructions on how to change your business hours on Facebook as well as other platforms. We have also included whether each platform allows you to change your hours for special times such as holidays.
Google My Business
Google has a very friendly platform when it comes to changing business hours allowing you to make immediate changes as well as schedule changes for the future for multiple days enabling you to easily plan for holidays and other special events. Additionally, Google will alert people who find you on their site that your hours may have changed recently.
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have several locations, open the location you need to adjust.
- Click the Special Hours section.
- Click Confirm hours or click Add new date to choose a different date.
- Enter the opening and closing times.
- Click Apply.
Yelp for Business
Yelp will also allow you to set up your hours for special times in the future as well as make immediate changes. When you post special hours, such as holiday hours, Yelp will alert customers these are “special” hours, not your standard hours.
- Login to the Yelp for Business app.
- Select Business Information and select Special Hours.
- Adjust your hours.
- Click submit.
Facebook does not yet have the flexibility of Google and Yelp when it comes to setting and/or changing hours, and you will need to change the hours as needed. They do not allow you to set changes in the future for special events. However, it is very easy to change the hours as needed.
- Click on Pages on the left side of your Page.
- Go to your Page and Click Page Settings in the bottom left.
- Click Page Info.
- Scroll down to the Hours section and make your appropriate changes.
- Click Save Changes.
If you do not see an Hours section, you may need to change your Page’s business category. Facebook also recommends that you add a post to your page notifying followers of your updated hours. You can pin this to the top of your page to make sure it is seen by all visitors.
Apple Maps Connect
Apple Maps Connect does not allow you to set special hours yet, but you can request a change to your hours.
- Login to your Maps App.
- Open the Details page.
- Scroll to the bottom.
- Click on Report an Issue.
- Request the change and submit.
It is relatively easy to change your business hours on Pinterest Business. Unfortunately, they do not offer the option to schedule changes in advance, and changes must be made in real-time.
- Log in to your Pinterest account.
- Find the directional chevron down icon in the top right corner, click on it, and navigate to Settings.
- Change hours by clicking on hours and updating them.
- Click done.
Twitter Business also does not allow you to schedule special and holiday changes in business hours in advance, but it is relatively easy to list and change your hours as needed.
- Log in to your Twitter Business Account.
- Click on Edit Profile.
- Click on Your Bio.
- Enter information about your business and manually enter hours.
It is simple to change your business hours on Bing Places. When you make a change, your listing will be highlighted in green to notify your customer that hours have been changed. Like Facebook, they do not allow you to schedule changes in the future.
- Login to bingplaces.com.
- Click on your business name.
- Select Edit next to your business name.
- Click the “Next” button until you get to the section that displays your hours.
- Make changes and submit them.
LinkedIn Company Pages
LinkedIn does not have the flexibility of other platforms, and you will have to manually add in your hours.
- Access your Page Admin View.
- Click on the Edit Page button in the upper right corner of the header section.
- Click on Locations.
- Change hours.
It is imperative to keep your customers informed about your hours, special events, and dates if you want to build goodwill and maintain your reputation. Ensuring you know how to change your business hours on Facebook and online is the first step.
The team at The Social Expansion Project is a multi-faceted social media marketing firm adept at helping you build and maintain a professional, active, and engaged social media presence. Please do not hesitate to contact us or schedule a free evaluation to discuss how we can assist you with your social media goals.