It’s hard to believe that Twitter has been part of our existence for 15 years already! During this time, it has grown into one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. Twitter is a well known social media and online news platform. Users communicate with each other in small, short messages up to 280 characters long called Tweets.
Quite simply, it is the brevity of those 280 characters that make Twitter such a valuable platform for marketing your small business. People get hooked on short and sweet. Then you reel them into more engaged interaction on your website.
The benefits of using Twitter to market your business are impressive. It allows you to build brand awareness, keep up with the latest trends in your industry, and promote blog content, videos, and presentations. A strong Twitter presence will also help boost your website SEO as well as bring direct traffic to your website. You will be able to get instant feedback regarding your products and services and increase the impact of your PR initiatives. In real-time, you can gather competitive intelligence and monitor your brand’s reputation. All by using 280-character Tweets!
Twitter Statistics for Business
- There are 330 million monthly active users on Twitter. 145 million of those users are considered monetizable. Monetizable users are users who see ads and engage with businesses after viewing them. Users send an impressive 500 million tweets each day!
- 63 percent of Twitter users are between the ages of 35 and 65. This is a highly tech-savvy group. The male to female ratio tends to favor males with 66 percent male and 34 percent female.
- 75 percent of B2B’s market their products and services on Twitter. A remarkable 40 percent of Twitter users carry out a purchase after viewing ads on Twitter.
- 70 percent of small businesses have a Twitter presence. Dollar for dollar, Twitter gives a tremendous bang for the buck!
- 85 percent of followers feel a strong and personal connection with a small business after following them. This shows how Twitter generates a tremendous amount of brand loyalty. The more interaction they can participate in, the more loyal they become.
- Americans are the largest percentage of Twitter users making up 15 percent of total users worldwide. Japan and the UK and the second and third, respectively.
- Twitter is a well-known brand with over 92 percent of the U.S. population familiar with it. Brands that are inclusive and transparent are more likely to attract Twitter users. People have a high trust level of what they see on Twitter.
- Twitter ad engagement is high. In fact, Twitter ads with video are 50 percent cheaper in cost-per-engagement than with other forms of social media. Additionally, Twitter users spend 26 percent more time with ads than on other social media platforms. Watching entertaining videos is the #3 reason people use Twitter!
- 25% of Twitter’s most prolific users use scheduling software. This makes it very easy to build a presence. Just plan out your marketing campaigns in advance. You don’t need to be tied to the platform.
- Tweets with hashtags get 100 percent more engagement than those without a hashtag! Keep in mind, hashtags need to be used carefully, and you need to follow the less is more rule. You should keep your hashtags to three or less.
Are you convinced yet?
Twitter is a remarkable tool that you can use to build out your brand and develop a loyal following. When used right, it is a powerful way to increase your sales. If the Twitter statistics haven’t convinced you to use Twitter for your business, we don’t know what will.
Now that you are excited about starting your social media marketing initiative, you should consider contacting us at The Social Expansion Project, a top-ranked digital marketing agency specializing in social media marketing and management. We have the tools, experience, and knowledge to help you build your social media presence. We offer a free, no-pressure consultation to all prospective clients that you can schedule here.